Well, I guess the old reinstalling of windows XP did the trick.
The bunny cams seems to be working a-OK now. It's really bizarre how it only affected ftp-ing of files and everything else seemed to be working okay.
I actually had a quasi-legitimate version of XP and had to legitimize it. I did have a valid purchased copy of XP, but about a zillion years ago when I installed XP, Microsoft looked liked they were going to be super-Draconian about XP and activation and all that jazz, so I put a corporate version of XP on the machine and it has been there since, but now it's 100% legit and up to date with updates :)